This simple recipe will grow to become a family favourite… give it a try.
- 1/2 pound low-fat cottage cheese 0.5% fat is best
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt if no sugar
- 4 tablespoons matzo meal or more
- 2 tablespoons butter — melted optional
- Beat egg whites till stiff. Mix cheese, yolks, and sugar or salt. Stir in enough matzo meal to make a batter thick enough to work with your hands. Fold in butter (if used) and egg whites. Let stand 1/2 hour.
- Make small balls and drop into boiling water. When they rise to the top, They are done. Serve with apple sauce, sugar-cinnamon or sour cream.
This recipe was originally submitted to TooJewish.com by Shoshana Blitz on Friday, February 16, 2001.