Cholestorol & Fat Free Matzah Balls
- 3 egg whites large
- 1/2 cup matzoh meal
- 1 tsp salt optional
- 2 Tbs water or stock
- Mix matzoh meal and salt together.
- Add the egg whites.
- Add the water.
- Quickly whisk all together to form a stiff batter.
- Using a spoon (I use a regular table spoon) just scoop up some batter and using a thumb, push off into rapidly boiling water. Continue until all batter is used up.
- You may wish to add one or two DROPS of oil to the liquid to prevent boil-over.
- Turn down heat, cover, and KEEP COVERED TIGHTLY (the secret to pulling this off) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- They won't be quite as tender and tasty as regular matzoh balls, but they are good!
This recipe was originally submitted to TooJewish.com on Saturday, February 17, 2001 by Beverly Kurtin.