here is a great Salmon recipe from Chef Daniel Bresca originally posted on TooJewish.com on Friday, February 16, 2001.
Chef Daniel says that, when baked this way, the salmon stays moist and absorbs a mild, woodsy flavour that is complemented by the light fruity taste of the apple butter.Serve with your favorite vegetable and side dish for an easy, yet impressive meal.
- 4 fillets Salmon 6 oz. each
- 2 Cooking Apples
- 4 oz. Butter or margarine
- 1/2 Cup Wine
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 untreated cedar plank lightly oiled
- Core, peel and dice the apples. Combine with butter/margarine and wine in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Puree apple mixture in food processor until smooth. The apple butter may be prepared up to one week in advance and refrigerated in a tightly sealed container.
- Place salmon filets on lightly oiled cedar plank and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread apple mixture over top of salmon.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until salmon feels firm when gently pressed.